free hit counter Knit-Whit: Yarn Journal

Friday, July 29, 2005

Yarn Journal

Since knitting around here has been almost non-existent, I thought I'd share my method for keeping track of my projects as a way to keep you interested. Wait a second, I finally did finish the 3rd bootie. Anyway, last year probably around this time I was in a LYS and came across this yarn girls' knitting journal. Later on I picked one up for a friend to give as a Christmas gift. I just couldn't stand being without out one so I added it to an Amazon order (probably so I could get the free shipping=sucker) in the later part of December. I've been keeping track of all my projects since December 31st, 2004.

It has all the right spaces for all the right information that I want to remember. Usually the gauge swatch spaces are left blank since I don't normally knit swatches for several reasons. #1 I knit a lot of felted objects such as bags which aren't affected much by gauge being off. #2 I'm lazy. I always print a photo from my ink jet and add a swatch of yarn. This is the page I journaled for the converse socks.

And for the yet to be completed circus socks.

And the Knit for the Cure tote bag.

Any other pages you would like to see?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cute book! I like that that labels and orignal yarn are there too. I used to keep a project log, but stopped once I started my blog. Now labels are everywhere, swatches are mixed in with patterns...your way is much more organized!

10:58 AM, August 02, 2005  
Blogger Mary said...

Darn . . there goes my Xmas idea for you!!!

9:57 PM, August 04, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home

The WeatherPixie

Powered by Blogger