free hit counter Knit-Whit: Secret Pal 7 Questionnaire

Monday, January 09, 2006

Secret Pal 7 Questionnaire

1. Are you a yarn snob (do you prefer higher quality and/or natural fibers)? I usually gravitate towards natural fibers and I usually shop at yarn shops vs. hobby shops so I guess you could call me a yarn snob.
Do you avoid Red Heart and Lion Brand? For the most part but I have purchased some.
2. Do you spin? No but I've thought about getting a drop spindle.
Crochet? I learned how but I don't ever do it.
3. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in? In a basket.
4. How long have you been knitting? Since December 2002
Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced? I'd say intermediate.
5. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list? yes I do. Does this link work??
6. What's your favorite scent? I like light scents like vanilla or fruit. I don't like floral scents.
7. Do you have a sweet tooth? yes.
Favorite candy? chocolate, nerds rope, jelly bellys
8. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? I'll try just about anything. I like quilting, sewing, and beading but knitting usually comes 1st.
9. What kind of music do you like? all kinds.
Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? yes
10. What's your favorite color? pink
Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? I like bright colors but I also get into moods where I like more jeweled tones. I'm not too picky.
Any colors you just can't stand? not really, I don't usually choose pastels (except pink).
11. What is your family situation? married, no kids
Do you have any pets? oh yes!!! Casey the Weimaraner
12. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos? I wear mittens mostly, then hats and scarves but never ponchos.
13. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? I like anything soft, if I had to choose I'd say any merino wool.
14. What fibers do you absolutely *not* like? anything plastic-y / squeaky, I can't stand acrylic yarn or fun furs.
15. What is/are your current knitting obsession/s? socks and felting.
16. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit? I really like socks for the portability.
17. What are you knitting right now? my 2nd Socktoberfest sock. Also on the needles: a solid sock, and a scarf and I guess my oldest UFO (see #23).
18. Do you like to receive handmade gifts? sure I do!
19. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? either, I usually like knitting scarves on straight...it just feels right.
20. Bamboo, aluminum, plastic? I knit with all types of needles but I especially like birch needles.
21. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift? I have a ball winder but no swift.
22. How did you learn to knit? my mom taught me.
23. How old is your oldest UFO? my sock yarn mittens. I have 3/4 of a mitten to knit and the pair will be done!
24. What is your favorite animated character or a favorite animal/bird? I don't really get into animated characters, I just like dogs.
25. What is your favorite holiday? my birthday (is that a holiday???) I also like Christmas.
26. Is there anything that you collect? besides yarn?? ;-) pincushions I guess and I also like gadgets.
27. What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have? none, I usually browse at the bookstore before buying.
28. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? not really, I guess I do have a few knitting books on my amazon wish list.
29. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn? I'd like to learn to knit off a chart and also knit socks toe-up and maybe on 2 circs.
30. Are you a sock knitter? Yes!!
What are your foot measurements? I wear size 7 1/2 shoes which means my feet are about 9" long
31. When is your birthday? 09/24

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

The WeatherPixie

Powered by Blogger