free hit counter Knit-Whit: Ch Ch Ch Changes.....

Thursday, July 07, 2005

Ch Ch Ch Changes.....

I've made a few changes to my Sockapal2za socks these last few days. I got to thinking that the sock I was knitting on size 3 needles was a tad loose for my taste so I decided to try size 2's. I liked the result much better so I continued knitting and knitting and knitting and ripping and ripping the sock on the 3's...when I realized I should probably check my gauge especially since this pair is not for me. OK, so the gauge was different on the 2's (obviously) and according to the Twisted Sisters Sock Workbook I should be knitting with 68 stitches (4 more than what I cast on the 2's-I was just guessing). So RIIIPPP again and start over. The third time is a charm I keep telling myself. I'm a bit furthur now than what this photo shows. Heck, I've been watching 3 hours of le Tour de France each day, that makes for lots-o-progress. I LOVE this yarn, the colors are vibrant and scattered and the merino is SO soft. I'm going to have a hard time giving these away. And since I'm on that yarn diet, I'm screwed. Go Lance.

1 Comments:

Blogger Iris said...

Great colors! I used a similar Koigu colorway for a pair of top down socks one time. I was at the toe shaping when I realized that I wasn't going to have enough to finish the sock. I couldn't bear to rip it for almost a year. When I finally did, it became a short ruffly scarf instead from a pattern that called for 2 skeins of Koigu. Look forward to seeing how yours turn out.

2:26 AM, July 09, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home

The WeatherPixie

Powered by Blogger