free hit counter Knit-Whit: Dear Dye-O-Rama Pal,

Friday, May 12, 2006

Dear Dye-O-Rama Pal,

Questions specific to this swap:
Your favorite colors? pink, orange, green, blue, bright
Preferred yarn weight (Fingering, Sport, DK, maybe even Worsted)? Any weight
Do you prefer solid or multicolored yarn? Either
If your buddy is able to do so, would you like a variegated, self-striping, or self-patterning yarn? I don't really like self-patterning, all the rest are great.
Would you be interested in a wool blend sock yarn (nylon, tencel, silk, acrylic, alpaca, etc.)? Alpaca makes me itch a little...
Imagine the perfect colorway. What would you name it? Shoot for the Moon
What was the biggest appeal to you for joining this dye-along? Who wouldn't like someone hand dying a skein of yarn especially for them??

General yarn/fiber questions:
Have you dyed yarn/fiber before? yes, I've used Kool-Aid and egg dye.
If so, what’s your favorite dye and method? I really liked how the egg dye produced such vibrant colors.
Do you spin? No, but I might buy a drop spindle tomorrow...
Have you knit socks before? Oh yes!
Do you use sock yarn for just socks or in other patterns too? I've used sock yarn for baby booties but mostly just for socks.
What are some of your favorite yarns? I like Cascade 220, Koigu, Malabrigo...
What yarn do you totally covet? Koigu
Favorite patterns? I enjoyed knitting the embossed leaves socks pattern for my sockapaloooza pal, I like Fiber Trends patterns.
Any pattern you would love to make if money and time were no object? I can't think of one
Favorite kind of needles (brand, materials, straights or circs, etc)? Brittanys. I'll knit on just about anything though, I have a wide variety of needles.
If you were a specific kind of yarn, which brand and kind of yarn would you be? Koigu ;-)

Nothing to do with knitting/yarn/fiber in any way but seemed kinda fun:
Do you have a favorite candy or mail-able snack? I've really been into peanut M&M's lately
What’s your favorite animal? Dog
Do you have pets? yes
What are their species/names/ages? Weimaraner/Casey/8
If you were a color what color would you be? Red
Describe your favorite shirt (yours or someone elses).. a brown t-shirt from my favorite ice cream shoppe, it says "snap crackle chocolate" in blue & pink
What is your most inspiring image, flower, or object in nature? Everything, I'm always looking around me for inspiration...especially up, most people forget to look up.
Tell me the best quote you’ve ever heard or read. "There wouldn't be so many stars if we all had the same wish"
Do you have a wishlist? yes

And because a post isn't complete without a photo...

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I like how in the picture Casey's foot is on the bone. :)

3:46 AM, May 13, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

As your pal, I am so glad that you put a lot of that stuff in there! I was dead on about what I am thinking for dyeing color-wise! Hope you like it. And my, we covet the same yarn. Thanks for the info!

9:06 PM, May 15, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home

The WeatherPixie

Powered by Blogger