free hit counter Knit-Whit: Eggs & Yarn Nests

Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Eggs & Yarn Nests

I dyed my Easter eggs Sunday morning and when I was finished I was *this* close to dumping the dye down the drain and thought to myself, "self, you should use the rest of this dye for yarn!". What a fabulous idea self!!! The pink and blue really stood out so I knew that would be a combonation I would dye and I couldn't resist the orange and green together. The colors turned out so vibrant!













I wound the skeins around chairs so I could dye the yarn to be self striping and I split the 440 yd skein in 1/2 so I think each colorway will just be enough to make ankle socks (I'm hoping there's enough).
I may have to take a trip up to the craft store to get more egg dye...it'll be on sale today right??
I think the yarn looks like nests.

11 Comments:

Blogger Colleen said...

Wow! Those are magnificent bright colors. I didn't know egg dye would "pop" that much.

11:17 AM, April 18, 2006  
Blogger Amy said...

A belated Happy Easter! Those are some bright colors. The yarn looks really fun.

11:28 AM, April 18, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi from Austria! Wow - I didn't have a clue that egg dye works so well with yarn! These colors are absolutely amazing, perfect for spring! Looking forward to see what you're going to make with that yarn!

11:29 AM, April 18, 2006  
Blogger amandamonkey said...

Yum! Wow! SO FUN!

11:37 AM, April 18, 2006  
Blogger Deb said...

I really need to learn how to do that...is it difficult??

12:03 PM, April 18, 2006  
Blogger Unknown said...

Wow those look awesome. The colors really pop!

12:38 PM, April 18, 2006  
Blogger Katie Collette said...

Pretty! I'm thinking about a green/orange combo for myself. Though I have to say I stole the idea from Knit This.

2:09 PM, April 18, 2006  
Blogger renee said...

Gorgeous yarns! I went over to my brother's Sunday morning and they had just finished dying the eggs - I could have kicked myself for not bringing over some yarn so that we could use up that dye - my nephew would have really enjoyed that.

4:38 PM, April 18, 2006  
Blogger NorCalMrs said...

Girl, could you BE any more creative? (said in best Chandler voice) hehe

8:40 PM, April 18, 2006  
Blogger KnitPastis said...

Neat! So we can use Easter egg dye too to dye yarn. How about that!The colors really pop!

6:42 AM, April 19, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fantastic job with the yarn, the colours are so pretty!

5:38 AM, April 21, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home

The WeatherPixie

Powered by Blogger