free hit counter Knit-Whit: Sixteen Days Early

Sunday, April 16, 2006

Sixteen Days Early

Very rarely do I finish anything ahead of schedule except for by a smidgen. So you can imagine how glad I am to be finished with my Sockapaloooza socks! Since they'll be flying overseas to their new owner, I thought I'd give them an American themed photo shoot, they are the perfect shade of American flag blue.










Pattern: Embossed Leaves Socks by Mona Schmidt
Interweave Knits Winter 2005
Needles: Size 3 birch DPN & size 2 birch DPN
Yarn: Cherry Tree Hill Supersock
color: blue
Adjustments: I started the socks on size 3 needles and knit a 1x1 rib (instead of the CO & 1st 2 rows called for in the pattern) for 2 rows then switched to a size 2 DPN for the remainder of the sock. I also knit a 1/2 pattern repeat less than called for since my sock pals feet are smaller than the pattern is long.
Started: March 12, 2006
Finished: April 16, 2006

Happy Easter!! The bunny gave Casey a visit, the beggin strips didn't last too long ;-)

5 Comments:

Blogger NorCalMrs said...

Happy Easter! Those socks are awesome! Your Easter basket for Casey is sooooo cute!!! I'm hoping we can get a dog soon! :)

Hope your day is going well!

1:18 PM, April 16, 2006  
Blogger Deb said...

Your socks turned out great. We forgot Easter baskets for the animals this year... how sad is that. Perhaps I'll just let them eat lots of table scraps tonite. Happy Easter!

1:22 PM, April 16, 2006  
Blogger Ashley said...

SO pretty! I love them and wish they were staying in the States (specifically, Michigan)! Bailey is totally jealous of Casey's Easter basket.

12:41 PM, April 17, 2006  
Blogger KnitPastis said...

Casey is so lucky! Look at those cute toys you bought him. The socks turned out so pretty!

4:44 PM, April 17, 2006  
Blogger Carola said...

Congratulations on the finished sockapaloooza socks, they are great! I do qualify for 'overseas' but am afraid blue socks are not for me. I enjoy looking at them however, they are very pretty! Cute dog toys!

7:31 PM, April 19, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home

The WeatherPixie

Powered by Blogger