free hit counter Knit-Whit: Garage Sale

Saturday, April 15, 2006

Garage Sale

This morning I read on my local SnB board about a 'garage' sale at the MN Textile Center so I hightailed it over there to check it out. I'm assuming it was quite picked over by the time I got there since there was only a few hours left but I dug around anyway and found a few things. There was tons of fabric and sewing patterns and just one long table covered with yarn. I found a baggie containing a pair of mittens that someone started with some brown wool (?), it's really scratchy. I picked it up mostly for the pair of size 4 aluminum straight needles and the stitch holder. Definitely worth the $3 I paid, IMO.










I also adore the pattern that was tucked in with the yarn. It has a 35ยข price marked on it but I can't find a date anywhere. It appears that this is just a piece of the pattern book.













Then I found this bunch of yellow and white wool with a partially knit sweater. It's fingering weight and it looks like someone was knitting this sweater on size 2 or 3 needles. I wouldn't have finished it either...crazy. This bundle was $1. The baggie was ripped open so who knows whether there were tools tucked inside or not. Maybe I'll use the yarn for socks.










Here's closeups of the ball band. The yellow wasn't labeled.

3 Comments:

Blogger stricken madchen said...

Great finds! We introduced my sister-in-law to garage sales today & she's now hooked. (will my brother forgive us?).
Thanks for the compliment on Q's sweater too! ;-)
Michelle

9:16 PM, April 15, 2006  
Blogger Katie said...

Great finds!

6:56 AM, April 17, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the Textile Center garage sale! I'm really sorry I missed it this year, what were they thinking holding it on a holiday weekend? Argh.

Anyhow. Looks like you got some cool stuff! Have fun with it!

11:42 PM, April 18, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home

The WeatherPixie

Powered by Blogger