free hit counter Knit-Whit: Chicks Rule

Friday, April 14, 2006

Chicks Rule

Last night I met up with some friends for a bit of wine, dinner and knitting. What better project to knit while buzzed from a few glasses of wine than a knitted Easter chick. I found the pattern here and I knit it with Knit Picks WOTA color-daffodil and a scrap of Cascade 220 which I originally used on Rosie's birthday hat and my iPod cozy. I still need a couple of wiggle eyes and it'll be complete & my crochet skills need honing.










My cool knitting friends thought it was odd for me to be making this kitschy chicken, I did it because for some reason it reminded me of my Grandma. Plus I can't knit on embossed leaves socks while drunk. ;-)

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's fabulous! A little kitsch now and again never hurt anyone :)

12:28 PM, April 14, 2006  
Blogger Deb said...

Oh Carrie - It's adorable. However, I knit my Embossed Leaves on our flight to Florida and if you knew the medications it took to get me on a plane (prescribed and non-prescribed) you'd know that they can be knit while under the influence. Check out the blog.

12:38 PM, April 14, 2006  
Blogger KnitPastis said...

Hey, just in time for Easter. Thanks for the pattern link Happy Easter to you!

2:33 PM, April 14, 2006  
Blogger Katie said...

What a cute little chickie!

6:29 PM, April 14, 2006  
Blogger Unknown said...

It's cute! And I like the birthday hat and your iPod cozy.

1:21 AM, April 15, 2006  
Blogger Emma said...

It is somewhat grandmotherly, but I love it. I'll have to remember that one for next Easter.

6:45 PM, April 16, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home

The WeatherPixie

Powered by Blogger