free hit counter Knit-Whit: Flash Your Stash

Friday, April 01, 2005

Flash Your Stash

It's Flash Your Stash day so here I go! I've shown my stash before and it hasn't changed much but I took fresh photos anyway. I certainly didn't capture ALL the yarn in these photos but that would take up way too much bandwidth ;-). My stash consists of tons-o-sock yarn, lots of wool for felting (Cascade, Lopi & Galway), and a few novelty type yarns like Twin Print, Fizz and Squiggle. Here and there I have some All Seasons Cotton, Handknit dk Cotton, Takhi Cotton Classic, Manos del Uruguay cotton stria & wool, Lana Grossa Point, Kid Silk Haze, 1824 Cotton, Star, Cotton Chenille, and (gasp!) even some Cotton-Ease. I tend to think I'm fairly organized although I certainly don't have things in order of color or fiber or price or anything.

I didn't think I had any color preferences but as I'm viewing this it looks like I tend towards pink & orange. A little green too.
The bottom shelves...

The yarn which doesn't fit anywhere except jammed on the side. Knit Picks, Plymouth Encore, Noro Kureyon, and handspun yarn I received for Christmas.

I can't leave my needles out. This basket contains my straight needles and double pointeds. I have all my circulars somewhere else. At some point I'd like to make little fabric needle holders for all the sets but that will have to wait for now.

Then there's the basket with a lid where things get lost and forgotton (read: black hole of yarn). There's a couple skeins of Lorna's Laces, Noro Silk Garden, leftover Lamb's Pride from my 1st set of felted slippers, a bunch of Fixation, Artful Yarns Cartoon (Betty Rubble), Berroco Medley, Green Mountain Spinnery cotton comfort and Magic Garden Buttons. Whew...I think that's all...except for all my kitchen cotton and my new yarn from Yarn Cafe.

Since we're speaking of yarn, this is a site I view often to check washing symbols. Click here

4 Comments:

Blogger splatgirl said...

You forgot to say that all of that has been collected in just two years of being a knitter.

9:11 PM, April 01, 2005  
Blogger D said...

Great stash!

I like how you have it in the cube tower....makes me feel like I'm at my LYS shopping :)

12:10 AM, April 02, 2005  
Blogger Carrie said...

Ah yes! As Lara pointed out I've only been knitting for about 2 years. Buying the yarn is sometimes the best part. Thanks to all who read and comment on my blog! I appreciate it.

11:22 AM, April 02, 2005  
Blogger erica said...

Your yarn is so beautifully organized. I'm sure it cheers up the room with the lovely colors. :)

10:14 AM, April 04, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home

The WeatherPixie

Powered by Blogger