free hit counter Knit-Whit: Thumbs Up

Friday, March 25, 2005

Thumbs Up

Last night my friends & I met at the new Yarn Cafe in Maple Grove for our Crafty CHIX get together. We ate yummy turkey sandwiches and I sipped on some wine. It's a cozy, yarn filled store with lots of seating if you just want to knit the afternoon away. It got a tad hot next to the fireplace but the ambiance was nice. I managed to find a few skeins of yarn I had to take home which wasn't too hard since they carry oodles of it. If you're nearby, go check the place out! This first bundle is for another booga bag. I'll knit the Fizz around the top like I did on this one.

Then I found this alpaca which will be a better yarn for the cabled neck tube. Plus it will be a bit more versatile when matching outfits. I'll use the orange handspun yarn for a hat as I originally planned.

It's been a while since I posted a photo of Casey so here he is as seen from my lens.

1 Comments:

Blogger stricken madchen said...

I just recently visited the Yarn Cafe when I went to visit my brother. I wish I lived closer! I loved it. And their selection of Blue Sky Alpaca was awesome, wasn't it? Is that the bulky you bought? Is one skein enough for the neck tube?

9:57 AM, March 26, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home

The WeatherPixie

Powered by Blogger