free hit counter Knit-Whit: Phalaenopsis

Thursday, March 24, 2005

Phalaenopsis

I was perusing the flower shop Sunday afternoon and happened upon the orchids. I came home with this lovely phalaenopsis. I've never grown an orchid before so this should be interesting. I may need tweak my plant keeping abilities to keep this baby alive. There was an orchid I liked slightly better than this one but I couldn't bring myself to spent $60 on a plant...yet :-)

Tonight is my Crafty CHIX get together except this week instead of going to Lara's house we're meeting at the new Yarn Cafe! I'm excited.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have loved and lost many an orchid in my lifetime.

I only have one piece of advice...if it is happy, don't move it. Oh, wait, two pieces of advice. Don't over water the poor baby. Back in the rainforest home, her ancestors grew firmly wound around a tree branch, and were acustomed to absorbing all of their fluid from passing rainfall. Thus, water very regularly and with good drainage to simulate this system.

Good luck with your new beauty!

9:13 AM, March 24, 2005  
Blogger Mary said...

That is funny! I was looking at orchids today and decided to pass since I have absolutely no idea where I'd put it and I just bought an african violet and thought I'd go with that for a while.

I'm jealous of the Yarn Cafe -- soooooo cool to have something like that in your area. I need to move north!

9:42 PM, March 24, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home

The WeatherPixie

Powered by Blogger