free hit counter Knit-Whit: Pretties

Saturday, April 22, 2006

Pretties

I made ankle socks!!! Did you expect anything different? ;-) I could have made these quite a bit taller considering I still have a good size yarn ball left over. Remember, I had split the 440 yd skein in 2...about equal to 2/3 and 1/3. This was the bigger ball of the two.










Pattern: Alison's Ankle Socks
Needles: Size 3 birch DPN
Yarn: Knit Picks Color Your Own Sockyarn
Started: April 18,2006
Finished: April 22, 2006
Adjustments: I knit 2x2 rib for about 13 rows, stockinetter for 3 rows and then started the short-row heel. I knit the toe using the 'star' method from the Embossed Leaves pattern.

I'm warming up for the dye-o-rama swap!!!

5 Comments:

Blogger Courtney said...

Those socks are so cool. I just dyed my first skein with Koolaid and it's kind of ugly, but you've inspired me and I'm going to knit up some little socks anyway.

12:15 PM, April 22, 2006  
Blogger KnitPastis said...

That turned out so cool! You know I love ankle socks! What are going to do with the rest of the yarn? You could maybe get another pair of ankle socks out of them or make a felted purse. I have some really bright Kool-Aid blue dyed Patons Classic Merino yarn. Can I re-dyed yarn that is too bright and if so, what color do I use on top of this berry bright blue! I could email the pic. What to knit with mine....I have no idea.

12:46 PM, April 22, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, these socks looks so lovely and cheerful - aren't ankle socks just perfect for spring?

12:48 PM, April 24, 2006  
Blogger stricken madchen said...

I'm so impressed with your dyeing skills! These socks are awesome!
Michelle

11:19 AM, April 26, 2006  
Blogger Katie said...

Sooooo cute! I love them!

8:07 PM, April 28, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home

The WeatherPixie

Powered by Blogger