free hit counter Knit-Whit: Happy Birthday Rosie

Wednesday, March 09, 2005

Happy Birthday Rosie

When I realized I'd have Rosie at my house while she was celebrating her birthday my friends and I came up with a great idea, I said "I'll knit Rosie a birthday hat!" Then Lara said "Better yet, felt it!" So I did, doesn't she look cute?
The dogs celebrated Rosie's day by munching on some Greenies. "Yum" they said.

She immediately ripped the hat off her head and attacked it.

Casey had to get in on the fun too. Rosie's wondering why he's wearing a pink hat. Duh, boys don't wear pink!

And Casey is wondering why I make him model these weird things.


Don't worry Casey, next year I'll knit you a blue one.

Pattern for Birthday Hat
Yarn: Cascade 220
Needles: 13 DPN
Change colors as desired

CO 48 sts
Adjust sts onto 3 DPN's
Join in rnd and K 6 rnds
Next rnd dec 3 sts by K2tog at end of each DPN
K 4 rnds
Next rnd dec 3 sts by K2tog at end of each DPN
K 3 rnds
dec as suggested above
K 2 rnds
dec as suggested
K 1 rnd
dec 3 sts each rnd for 3 rnds
K 2 rnds
dec as suggested
K 3 rnds
dec as suggested
K 4 rnds
dec every row until 3 sts remain
Pull tail through remaining sts, weave in ends and felt using favorite method

Make a pom-pom (I used scraps) and attach

4 Comments:

Blogger the knitrider said...

thanks for sharing the pattern! the doggies look sooo cute!

9:48 AM, March 09, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What cuties. I can only imagine you're taunting them with some sort of treat to get them to look so attentive and adorable. ;) Cute with the hat! You can save it now for many birthdays to come.

10:27 AM, March 09, 2005  
Blogger spirals said...

oh how cute.. i love cocker spaniels.. i used to have one... i miss him.. that is a very perfect birthday hat... mmmhmmm i like it alot

7:21 PM, March 09, 2005  
Blogger Yarnie said...

Ah! A knitter AND a dog-lover! What a great combination in life. Thanks for the pattern.

I've got a blog too, about knitting, life, and setting up a yarn website.

7:18 AM, March 16, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home

The WeatherPixie

Powered by Blogger