free hit counter Knit-Whit: Olympic Knitting Update / Day 5

Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Olympic Knitting Update / Day 5

My Olympic Knitting challenge was to knit a pair of socks and a mini clapotis. Things are going fairly well considering I've had the week off work and have done little else except knitting. It's been a nice break from thinking about work though. I'm lucky I have the type of job where work doesn't pile up while I'm away, when I get back I just start up again where I left off.
OK, back to knitting. I started a pair of Jaywalkers with the yarn I purchased from Sweet Georgia. I love how the colors are looking, who doesn't love aqua & brown? I actually bought this yarn because I saw a pair of Jaywalkers knit with it and couldn't pass it up. How's that for originality? It's been a little tricky doing the kfb since the yarn is a bit splitty due to the fact that I'm knitting with size 1 needles and the yarn actually calls for 4-6. I am enjoying the pattern however and I'm nearly ready to turn the 1st heel.










The mini clapotis is quite a bit further along that what I have pictured here, I've started dropping stitches already! It's an addicting pattern. I am using yarn from my stash which I acquired through a trade last summer. It came without a label so I have no idea what it is or how much is there. I think it's thinner than what's recommended for the pattern but I like it. It's a tad scratchy and I've found bits of straw in it so I suspect it's wool. I'll give it a nice bath when I'm finished and hopefully it will soften up some.

1 Comments:

Blogger Amy said...

You've made a lot of progress. I bet we'll be seeing you on the podium soon.

10:08 PM, February 15, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home

The WeatherPixie

Powered by Blogger