free hit counter Knit-Whit: Stripey Mitts

Sunday, February 12, 2006

Stripey Mitts

Remember these? Yes, I've finally finished my oldest UFO. Why in the world do I keep things unfinished for SO long? At least I finished them with plenty of winter ahead, I have 2 jackets that match the blue & purple exactly in these mittens. I love them, soooo soft.
Pattern: basic 4 needle mitten pattern found here
Yarn: Lang Jawoll Jacquard Color #0159
Plassard Pichenette Color#778
held together
Started: November5, 2004
Finished: February 11, 2006
It took me over 15 months to knit a pair of simple mittens, I am ashamed.
Needles: #4 bamboo DPN's

My new oldest UFO.













Today Casey & I are just hanging out together, he's under my arm as I type this. I cast on for my Knitting Olympics socks, eating some chocolate (injesting all the calories I walked off this week), still in my pj's, watching Olympics. Kyle is at a downhill mountain bike race, in the snow. I hope he makes it home in 1 piece.

I hope you're all having a great Sunday!

3 Comments:

Blogger Mary said...

Absolutely love the mittens! I'm going to have to knit me a pair -- after I finish the bazillion projects I have!

3:12 PM, February 12, 2006  
Blogger amandamonkey said...

Don't be ashamed - all's well that ends well, right?

4:40 PM, February 12, 2006  
Blogger NorCalMrs said...

Those are so cute!! You are going to have to come out here and teach me how to do them! I'm still a very beginning knitter. I can knit a scarf, that's about it, and even that is a stretch for me!!

7:57 PM, February 12, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home

The WeatherPixie

Powered by Blogger