free hit counter Knit-Whit: Light the Torch

Friday, February 10, 2006

Light the Torch

I originally planned on becoming a Spectator Knitter during the Olympics but I just couldn't resist joining the almost 3000(!) knitters for the Knitting Olympics. What will I knit? I know it's supposed to be a real challenge but I'm going for a small Clapotis and a pair of socks. Not much of a challenge stitch wise but time wise maybe.
Let the games begin!!




Button courtesy of the Yarn Harlot.





Button courtesy of Julia of Knitterly Things.

5 Comments:

Blogger Theresa said...

My mom reads my blog sometimes, and she thought the whole Olympic thing was a joke until I told her otherwise. She can't believe there are more than 3000 people as crazy as I am ;)

7:49 AM, February 10, 2006  
Blogger Theresa said...

P.S. Glad you're one of them!

7:50 AM, February 10, 2006  
Blogger Cece said...

Good luck to you! I'm knitting a sweater for myself, right on the heels on knitting a sweater for my grandmother (in 18 days... don't get me started).

I got your package yesterday, and it was just wonderful! So personalized and thoughtful! I love it! I'm going to use the chibi to seam up the above mentioed sweater - and the yarn is just beautiful. And Biker Chick mints! Ha!

7:50 AM, February 10, 2006  
Blogger NorCalMrs said...

Hiya from San Francisco!!! I just started my blog today!! So I'm still trying to figure out how to work it. You have an awesome blog.....and the knitting olympics sounds like waaay to much work! I'm trying to figure out how to add pics to my blog....so once I get it up and running, I'll send you a link so you can check out the boring life we have in CA! :)

Ruth

8:25 PM, February 10, 2006  
Blogger NorCalMrs said...

I'll link you to my sidebar too along with my one other friend! haha!!

11:24 PM, February 10, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home

The WeatherPixie

Powered by Blogger