free hit counter Knit-Whit: Golden Boy

Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Golden Boy

Today is Casey's 8th birthday, his golden birthday. Eight! I can't believe it. It seems like yesterday we drove over to the country farm that bred Weimaraners. My mom & dad stored their boat in the barn and came back to the cabin to tell us there was one puppy left, a boy. We had hoped for a girl, we both grew up with only girl dogs...we wouldn't know how to raise a boy. "Let's just go look."
We fell in love when we saw him and had to take him home! "Today?" the woman asked. We had hoped we could take him today, we live 2 hours away. She told us if no one had come that Sunday, they were going to keep him as their own. We brought him home with several pit stops along the way, how long can a puppy ride in the car?? He jumped out of the cart at the pet shop as we were picking out just the right collar and toys.










Eight?
We've taught him everything he knows. He rings a bell if he wants to go outside, he barks once to come in, he doesn't leave the yard, he can shake, do wheelies and shitties, if he's been naughty he sits in his corner until we say he can come out, he cuddles with his babies and play with the strong toys. He's a smart boy.
How could I have become attached to a dog? Well, I fell and I fell hard and I love you my little golden boy. Mmwahh! Happy Birthday Casey Blue xoxo

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I loved the ode to Casey! You should read Dog is my Co-Pilot, all about dog lovers such as yourself!

7:39 AM, February 08, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a handsome boy. Great tribute.

8:36 AM, February 08, 2006  
Blogger amandamonkey said...

Happy Birthday, Casey!

8:48 AM, February 08, 2006  
Blogger Cece said...

I was just cleaning out my desk, and found a picture of my 5 year old boxer as a puppy.

Awwwww. Gotta love the dogs.

When I went to pick her out - I wanted a fawm male boxer - ended up with a brindle female! Fate, I guess!

9:39 AM, February 08, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY from Rosie (Steve & Sue too!)
Give him a big HUG from us!

12:38 PM, February 08, 2006  
Blogger Carrie said...

A shitty is something Kyle taught him to do, similar to when you do a 360 on a bicycle, motorbike, car, etc. If we say "do a shitty" he spins around. And when we say "do a wheelie" he hops up on his hind legs. That's the motorcycle side of us I guess.

Thanks for all the birthday wishes you've sent Casey's way!!!

7:50 PM, February 08, 2006  
Blogger Theresa said...

For some reason I can't find your email addy right now . . . but thanks for the tip on the Brittanys. I've done it before with dpns, but it just didn't occur to me this time around. I emailed them, and I'll have some new ones soon. Of course, I'm now done the knitting . . . there will always be other projects.

BTW, love seeing the dog. I don't understand why there are all those cats in blogland.

9:19 PM, February 08, 2006  
Blogger Unknown said...

Happy Birthday, Casey!

1:30 PM, February 09, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home

The WeatherPixie

Powered by Blogger