free hit counter Knit-Whit: Swatchin' Knittin' & Sniffin'

Tuesday, November 09, 2004

Swatchin' Knittin' & Sniffin'

This is my gauge swatch for the Hayden Hat. The colors are supposed to resemble camouflage, and they do in natural sunlight. I tried taking this photo under my Ott lamp and it just isn't the same as sun. Close but not quite. I am really going to like knitting this hat, the stitches are unique and they knit up fast. Great pattern Laura!
Posted by Hello
My first mitten is a bit square. Not really what I was hoping for but I think I'll get it figured out. I haven't begun the 2nd although I am leaning toward making it striped similar to the 1st. I'm not that picky with socks but since these will be on my hands I'm a bit more obsessed with making them look the same.
Posted by Hello
Usually half of my photos look like this one:
Posted by Hello
Casey just can't keep his nose out of my business!

I took a trip over to Barnes & N*ble tonight and saw 2 big displays with knitting books. Yay for knitters! I also found a neat new knitting magazine, Knit.1. It has many knit blog references and ads for things I've seen while surfing the web for knitting goodies. It's also semi-pocketsize which I adore. The downside? ALL of the patterns are knit using Lion Brand yarn. For those of you who don't know me, I am a yarn snob. Don't get me wrong, I do own some Lion Brand yarn since there is a time and place for it. Heck! I just knit a hat using 100% acrylic (non-Lion Brand) yarn and 3 Hallowigs using the same. I just don't like the constant LB yarn reference throughout the entire magazine. Oh well, knit on my friends.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

The WeatherPixie

Powered by Blogger