free hit counter Knit-Whit: Sluggish Sunday

Sunday, November 27, 2005

Sluggish Sunday

First, I've started my contribution to the solid socks knit-along. I originally wanted to knit orange socks but quickly realized I purchased the wrong type of yarn for socks. Luckily, my secret pal 5 sent me this solid pink sock yarn so I dove right into it. Slow going though considering they're knit on size 1 dpn's. Don't expect a finished pair anytime too soon.










Second, last night I finished up the BIG felted mittens and they're in the wash machine as I type....oh shoot...I forgot to weave in some of the ends....too late. They are looking fantastic however. The ends were on the inside up at the top, I'm not too worried. The ends are felting up with each other. Here they are pre-felting!










And lastly, I started a super secret Christmas gift with the Cashsoft DK and is this stuff D-R-E-A-M-Y to knit with! I think I love cashmere, is that what's making this stuff so soft?? I had to rip out what I began but I'm already back to that point again.










Now I think I'll go hit the treadmill so when Kyle gets home we can eat dinner. Hope everyone had a relaxing, fun and productive weekend!

2 Comments:

Blogger Pixiepurls said...

yay! Can't wait to see them finished. My solid pair are a pumpkin orange color, I'm not sure when I will start them, probably in about a week!

8:58 PM, November 27, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love love love that color of Cashsoft DK. That is one of my favorite colors! I can't wait to see what it becomes!

9:46 AM, November 28, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home

The WeatherPixie

Powered by Blogger