free hit counter Knit-Whit: The $40 Knitting Chair

Sunday, January 01, 2006

The $40 Knitting Chair

I have literally picked up my needles twice in the last 9 days, and it was only for a few rows on a sock. However, I have been busy recovering an old chair we had slip covered in the living room. I think it's from the 50's or 60's by the look of the original fabric. I forgot to get a good photo of it before I started ripping it apart.













On my way home with the new cushion and fabric which I found on clearance for $2.40 / yard!!













My dad dabbles in upholstery so he agreed to help me. He made the new cushion and sewed the body of the chair then I went over today and helped assemble the pieces. As we were working today, we figured I have about $40 into the chair at this point, not to shabby.










This isn't the greatest finished object photo but you get the idea. I'll take a new photo of the chair in it's new place tomorrow when I have some natural light and fluff it and steam it a bit. Thanks dad!!!!!!!!!!!!

3 Comments:

Blogger Christina said...

That chair looks so delightfully modern! Kudos to dad!

2:15 AM, January 02, 2006  
Blogger stricken madchen said...

The chair looks fabulous! I love the new fabric you choose. And how impressive that you and your Dad did it yourself. I would have just watched and taken pictures...hehe.
(and I love your new wild hats from the last post! Someday I've got to get back to one of their games.)
Michelle

10:06 AM, January 02, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"starburst" chair looks great. Can't wait to see the finished picture. May need to get into the cushion and straighten it a bit for the final tune up. Hope it works out good for you. It was a pleasure to help you with it. love, dad.

12:54 PM, January 02, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home

The WeatherPixie

Powered by Blogger