free hit counter Knit-Whit: Kool-Aid Socks

Friday, January 06, 2006

Kool-Aid Socks

I finished one of my singles!!! Now I have a pair of socks to match my berry-blue Converse.
Yarn: Knit Picks Color Your Own sock yarn dyed with berry-blue and lemon-lime Kool-Aid
Pattern: Retro Rib Socks by Evelyn A. Clark Interweave Knits Winter 2004
Needles: Skacel 3.0 mm (is this a US #2 1/2?, it doesn't quite fit in the #2 slot on the gauge ruler)
Started: August 13, 2005
Finished: January 3, 2006

Adjustments: I only knit 12 pattern repeats for the leg instead of 17 and decreased the toe down to 24 sts instead of 16. I'm not fond of pointy toes.

I love this pattern!










I thought the retro rib socks looked good with my retro chair ;-)

3 Comments:

Blogger Katie Collette said...

They're awesome! And they DO look great with your newly covered chair. :)

2:54 PM, January 06, 2006  
Blogger Susan (ZenKnit) said...

Okay, you are just taunting us with multiple picks of that fab chair of yours. And now you are using it for posing your FO's! You have flung a serious crave on me - dang!

9:10 PM, January 06, 2006  
Blogger amandamonkey said...

nice sock, but GREAT chair. You did a beautiful job and I would show that thing off from now 'til March if I were you!

8:59 AM, January 07, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home

The WeatherPixie

Powered by Blogger