free hit counter Knit-Whit: Christmas Knitting *Installment #1

Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Christmas Knitting *Installment #1

Whew! It's been a crazy week, sorry it's taken me so long to get some updates on the blog. I actually finished all my Christmas knitting well before Christmas (Dec 23 ;-)) so the stress level was nil. We had a very nice relaxing holiday and now we're both off work for many, many days. Ahhh...

I knit this buttonhole bag for my mother-in-law who usually carries nothing less than a purse the size of Texas. I pray to the knitting gods that she actually uses it. I knit it for her because she adores anyting I make so I guess if she just enjoys looking at it it'll be OK. A buttonhole bag is a quick enough knit that I'm willing to take the chance. I used Araucania Nature Wool Chunky color #126. I like the way the hand dyed wool gives a nice color variation without being to bold.










Casey needed to get in the way again and I couldn't resist snapping a photo. He had a vet checkup yesterday and he's a very healthy boy. He even lost a little weight which was good since he was getting a bit too chunky (no joke-he was nearly 100 pounds).










Paula T., do you recognize the quilt in the background??

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice purple bag. I have not felted my Xmas hat yet. Cute of Casey. My mutts would probably try to eat the bag.

12:06 PM, December 28, 2005  
Blogger Paula said...

I really like your button hole bag. Nice and big! About how long did it take you to complete?

12:53 PM, December 28, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home

The WeatherPixie

Powered by Blogger