free hit counter Knit-Whit: Yummy Goodness

Thursday, August 11, 2005

Yummy Goodness

Tuesday. While knitting on my sock pal's socks, I started to panic. For those of you who know me in person, you know I never panic, right? So I was panicking because I knew, just knew I was going to run out of Koigu before I was finshed with sock #1 (there's only a teensy bit left). Not good since I only bought 2 hanks. Two hanks! If I had to break into #2 I wouldn't have enough yarn for sock #2. Argh.
So, very calmly last night I was going over the scenario with Kyle. He said "go buy some, you'll be really mad if you wait and there's none left." Looked up the phone # to The Yarnery, the shop where I originally bought the Koigu, in June! and called. Do you have KPPPM in this color and this dye lot? YES! We still have it. Great I'll be right there, how could this great yarn still be there? BTW for you Twin Citians...The Yarnery has the best selection of Koigu in the metro area IMO. FF an hour later. How in the world can I visit The Yarnery and not get ice cream at izzy's? I mean they're practically next door (read: 3.1 miles apart) So I get my usual bubble gum with a cotton candy izzy and go to the register to pay up. They have silicone bracelets!! For a dollar!! And the blue one says cotton candy on it and izzy's! So I buy it and bring it home and find out it GLOWS IN THE DARK! Sweet. Life is Good.

4 Comments:

Blogger stricken madchen said...

Lol, that is too cool. I need to go check Izzy's out the next time I visit my brother. I always stop by the Yarnery (they are the source of my favorite washcloths from the Knitters Stash..hehe). Glad you found your Koigu!!

9:59 AM, August 11, 2005  
Blogger splatgirl said...

Does the bracelet benefit anything? I know they were trying to raise money to support their photovoltaic panel project...so maybe it's for that?

I need some Izzy's!

12:19 PM, August 12, 2005  
Blogger Carrie said...

I'm not sure if the bracelets are sold to benefit anything but knowing izzy's, any profits will go towards a good cause. I couldn't pass it up.

12:58 AM, August 13, 2005  
Blogger cori said...

while the yarnery is not my favorite LYS, i do have to agree. they have a wall of 'gu and it's gorgeous! last time i was in though, the 'gu wall was decimated and barely had any on it. i wonder if they were redoing the wall or something? i thought it was weird. pretty color koigu! i have big feet... those socks could be mine! :)

i love izzy's! yea!

1:23 PM, August 19, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home

The WeatherPixie

Powered by Blogger