free hit counter Knit-Whit: 1 Month to Go!

Monday, August 15, 2005

1 Month to Go!

Only 1 month until I have to get these lovely sockapal2za's out in the mail. As you can see I've cast on for the 2nd sock and I hope to have it knit up a tad quicker than the 1st. Oh ya, remember all the panicking about the yarn? Well, no need for all that. I had a little Barbie sized ball of Koigu leftover. Maybe I'll knit myself a pair of Alison's ankle socks with the 3rd skein!
These socks may look extra long and that's because they are! My sock pal has 10" feet from toe to heel!

Last night I rented the movie Word Wars, I liked it. It was a bit of nerd overload but who doesn't love a nerd now and then? Splatgirl says the book Word Freak is better though. I have this book in my library so I'll get to it one of these months. Speaking of Scrabble, I have a few Scrabble tile stitch markers that I bought off ebay.

Here they are pictured with the leftover Koigu.
Love them. Anyone up for a game?

6 Comments:

Blogger alison said...

What a beautiful sock - those colors are really very different but very lovely together. And I love those stitch markers! That Word Freak book was very good. I don't even play scrabble, but I really enjoyed it.

9:17 PM, August 15, 2005  
Blogger Christine said...

the socks are beautful. In case you are not my sockpal ;) I have long feet and will be showing great gratitude to my sockpal :) My pal has shorter feet than me, so I have been hijacking other peoples feet for try ons...don't worry I'll wash them...lol

6:43 AM, August 16, 2005  
Blogger Ruby Banshee said...

Wow, those are beautiful colors.
Lucky sock pal!

12:38 PM, August 16, 2005  
Blogger Di said...

Gee- I wonder if I'm the only big-foot sockapal2zer out there? could they be for me? They look great- the yarn is scumptious- I love koigu. I can dream on I suppose...

6:19 PM, August 16, 2005  
Blogger Carrie said...

I wish I could tell you who these socks were going to but it's a secret!

7:42 PM, August 16, 2005  
Blogger Mary said...

You haven't updated since Monday . . . what's the deal??? :-)

10:09 PM, August 18, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home

The WeatherPixie

Powered by Blogger