free hit counter Knit-Whit: Full Circle

Sunday, February 04, 2007

Full Circle

I hate to bring this up again but remember the slippers I knit for my niece that were too small and I gave them away to a friend's little girl? Well, I returned to work the next day to find an envelope taped to the outside of my locker. Pyper had painted me a butterfly as a thank you for the slippers. She did it all by herself, her mom said she wasn't allowed in Pyper's room while she was painting. How.Cute.
Naturally I owed Jessica a new pair so I've been trying to get them finished since Christmas was well over one month ago. I'm pleased to announce that Jessica will be receiving her new slippers that fit *fingers crossed* sometime this upcoming week.
Before felting
Finished!
Pattern: Fiber Trends Felted Clog, Women's S
Yarn: Cascade 220 color # 9470 1 skein (dark pink), Cascade Quatro color # 5012 2 skeins (light pink)
Needles: Size 13 16" & 24" bamboo circulars
Started: January 16, 2006
Finished: February 1, 2006
Knit for: Jessica, Christmas 2006
Note: It took FoReVeR for these to felt, I ran them through the hot/cold cycle 4 times.

Would you like to know what the actual temperature in my neighborhood is? -13ยบ

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger KnitPastis said...

That is so sweet and a very pretty butterfly. Look at you knitting up a storm girl! Fingers crossed for you that this pair fits her:)

8:09 PM, February 04, 2007  
Blogger Guinifer said...

We should all get butterflies for knitted gifts!

I think it was -16 when I drove Puck to the bus stop this morning (he usually walks, I took pity on him today.)

10:42 AM, February 05, 2007  
Blogger splatgirl said...

That is so cute. Kid art is my favorite thing evah.

10:14 AM, February 06, 2007  
Blogger Lorraine said...

Don't you just love that pattern? And the butterfly made my heart melt. How sweet.

9:21 PM, February 06, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home

The WeatherPixie

Powered by Blogger