free hit counter Knit-Whit: This Little Piggy Went to the Yarn Store...

Thursday, January 25, 2007

This Little Piggy Went to the Yarn Store...

Surprisingly, I've had no trouble finding plenty of suitable yarn from my stash to knit all the projects I've started so far in 2007. Well, almost. I did buy 4 balls of yarn at a big box store for a couple of items. Just recently, I've added this cute little pig to my studio. He'll catch my spare change which will turn into yarn at a later date.
I feel like such a bad blogger lately. I have been knitting so I'll be getting some posts going soon. Do you remember the too-small slippers I knit for my niece? They found their way to a new home today, a little girl who adores pink and loves running & sliding on the kitchen floor...these slippers are perfect for her.
Have any of you tried Google Reader? I've switched all my blogs to this system, do you have any tips?

Labels:

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooh! I'm interested to know what you think about Google Reader. Keep us posted!

12:04 AM, January 26, 2007  
Blogger limedragon :-: Harriet said...

Cute pig, I like that idea, to save up for a yarny day. :)

As for Google Reader, you can change your preferences to show oldest/newest first, and show all or show only unread. If you prefer to read feeds in a certain order, you can prioritize or categorize your feeds with tags, and click on each tag on the left of the GR screen to read the group. If you use Firefox, the new version has better integrated subscribing capability, if not, there's a bookmarklet thingy you can use instead. There's also a new Trends feature that you can find in your main GR view that also has a tab to view inactive blogs. I've found this handy for pruning outdated blog addresses or fixing incorrect feeds. Have fun!

8:19 AM, January 26, 2007  
Blogger KnitPastis said...

Lucky little girl who got the pink felted slippers! I cracked up at the thought of her having fun sliding across her floors in them. That's exactly what happens to me everytime I wear my fuzzy feet around the kitchen:)
Good for you putting your change into MR. Piggy bank. I do the same but just cash it in and we will use it to go out to eat or someting with it.

9:50 AM, January 26, 2007  
Blogger Kelly said...

You swetiched from Bloglines to Google Reader? I don't know anything about this. This sounds really interesting!

12:42 PM, January 26, 2007  
Blogger rahime said...

I love the 'saving spare change for yarn' idea! Think I'll copy you...

6:07 PM, January 31, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home

The WeatherPixie

Powered by Blogger