free hit counter Knit-Whit: Chicago Rocks / Saturday-Sunday Edition

Thursday, March 02, 2006

Chicago Rocks / Saturday-Sunday Edition

Saturday brought a full day of classes so we really whooped it up that night. We started with a delicious dinner at Viand Bar & Kitchen, I had the pecan encrusted trout and 2 martinis...the best cosmo I've ever had! That night we went to Howl at the Moon, a dueling piano bar. I've never been to a dueling piano bar and gosh that was fun, I really enjoyed the night.













So you're curious about celebrity sightings aren't you? Well, one of my friends claimed seeing Stedman...Oprah's beau...twice. I never caught sight of him though. I may have seen a basketball star but wouldn't know in a million years who it was. One celebrity I was excited about was David! He's from Real World 9: New Orleans on MTv. We ran into him quite a few times since he was the elevator man at The Ritz. He is super down to earth and very sweet...he took our group photo with about 11 bajillion cameras. And he told us he never uses his Real World status to get girls. ;-)










Sunday was fairly laid back since we had to be at the train station at about 1:30. We grabbed a Chi-dog and caught our last taxi. What a fun weekend!!










And of course there had to be a little knitting on the train back home.
This photo was taken sometime before we had to stop for an hour and 15 minutes because we hit a car. Yes...A CAR. Read about it here. We never felt a thing and actually didn't even know what really happened until later that night.










I can't wait to go back to Chicago...

4 Comments:

Blogger NorCalMrs said...

Wow! You guys hit a car and didnt even know it....that's crazy! Someone was killed even....craziness!! Woo hoo, for meeting celebrities! Real World is one of my fav reality shows because it was the first reality show out there!

Glad you had a good time!!!

10:19 PM, March 02, 2006  
Blogger Amy said...

I'm glad you have a great trip, but how scary. That poor guy!

5:51 AM, March 03, 2006  
Blogger Deb said...

I'm so jealous - except for the part about killing that guy. But aren't you so glad to be home?? Not so much huh...

7:07 AM, March 03, 2006  
Blogger KnitPastis said...

We are all glad your back safe and sound from your trip in Chicago! So now that your back in the knitting world...whatcha' gonna knit now? I am almost done with a full pair of socks...my first pair and I love them. Then I will be working on a tank top!

8:31 AM, March 03, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home

The WeatherPixie

Powered by Blogger