free hit counter Knit-Whit: Chicago Rocks / Thursday-Friday edition

Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Chicago Rocks / Thursday-Friday edition

I had an absolute blast in Chicago this past weekend! I went with my office for the Chicago Midwinter Meeting. I won't bore you with crazy details...or maybe I will. We arrived Thursday night on the Amtrack train and were greeted by the longest Hummer limo I've ever seen. We packed 16 of us inside with our luggage. Took it easy Thursday night and Friday morning went to a CE class. Friday afternoon I ventured into the city with a couple friends. We ate at Russian Tea Time, very good and the waiter was delicious (yes I said waiter). After lunch we went to The Art Institute of Chicago, it was fabulous.











With a quick stop in Millennium Park to see the giant bean we were then off to the top of the John Hancock Center for some afternoon cocktails.













This is a view of the Sears Tower from the John Hancock.














Me in my Ritz Carlton robe & slippers! The hotel was amazing. And there were a few celebrity sightings...more of that later.










Friday night we hung out at The House of Blues for a little music and conversation. Saturday edition up next...

4 Comments:

Blogger Mary said...

Delicious waiter??? Tell me more! :-)

9:15 PM, February 28, 2006  
Blogger Deb said...

You expect us to wait......

7:37 AM, March 01, 2006  
Blogger NorCalMrs said...

Welcome back!! We missed you! What celebrities did you see??!!

10:42 AM, March 01, 2006  
Blogger KnitPastis said...

Yeah, kinda hard to slip away to scout out a yarn shop when your'e in Chicago for business. My goodness you guys got the Hollywood treatment! The Ritz Carlton! When my hubby & I go there, I'll have to locate one for you. Glad your back....so start knitting girl!

7:30 AM, March 02, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home

The WeatherPixie

Powered by Blogger