free hit counter Knit-Whit: Solid Socks

Friday, November 04, 2005

Solid Socks

I'm not sure why I do this to myself but I've joined another knit-a-long. This time it's the Solid Socks Knit-a-long hosted by Pixie Purls. I've been eyeing up this pattern for a while and just haven't had the need to cast on, until now. Alison of Brainylady wrote this basic cabled socks pattern and was gracious enough to post it on her blog. I purchased the yarn well before I was on my yarn diet so it's just been waiting and waiting.










I'm going to have to lock myself in the house for the entire month of November in order to finish all these socks!

In other news...I won a contest over at amandamonkey's world of stitch! My father-in-law's little dog, Mr.Tugsley once ate my birch DPN's and broke the yarn on a pair of birthday socks I was knitting for my mom. I think Amanda felt bad for me cuz I've never seen them on my mom's feet ;-) (maybe they're too itchy??) Here are the socks Mr T wanted to eat...










Thanks Amanda!!!

4 Comments:

Blogger amandamonkey said...

No problem! Congrats!

6:53 AM, November 04, 2005  
Blogger Pixiepurls said...

Good Luck!

9:26 AM, November 04, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've worn my socks! Their not too itchy! I love them.

10:14 AM, November 04, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I Like!

11:59 PM, November 04, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home

The WeatherPixie

Powered by Blogger