free hit counter Knit-Whit: It's Cold, I've Been Busy and Knitting Just a Little

Friday, November 18, 2005

It's Cold, I've Been Busy and Knitting Just a Little

For some reason the end of the week always brings busy nights. I'm not complaining though. Last night my book club went to dinner at Cafe Biaggio in St. Paul, very good. I had the chicken with Marsala wine and mushrooms with a side of pesto and spinach gnocchi. The food was very rich with flavors and all the wine is Italian, it's definitely a restaurant I want to visit again. I think the ambiance is as yummy as the food since there is local art on display and the few walls that are not original brick are painted deep rich colors. Much of the seating is salvaged church pews and there's even pillows on the benches!










On my way home I noticed my local gas station finally had gas for under $2 per gallon. Yay!!!...how much is gas in your area?













I have forged ahead on the Hermione mittens but sadly was not able to finish before I hit the 12:30 showing of Goblet of Fire. I think it was the best HP movie yet, just as I like book 4 the best of all. Tonight I'm headed to blogless Nikki's for game night...I hope we're having Ross-a-ritas!

**Update**We didn't have Ross-a-ritas but we did have good wine, super good (and lots of it!) food and had a lot of fun playing games. It's all good.

3 Comments:

Blogger Katie Collette said...

Gas here was $2.14 on my way home from work yesterday. Send that cheap stuff up a little to the north and west!

I thought the HP movie was great too. Not sure if it's my favorite yet or not but it was really great! Sorry you didn't get your mittens finished. Maybe you can finish them up for a second watch in the theater?

9:42 AM, November 19, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I did have rossarita supplies just in case but the wine worked out. I am returning the woop woop shiraz recommended by the liquor store. It was not good! I am glad the rest was.
Nikki

1:14 PM, November 22, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gas prices are quite a bit higher down here in Australia. Currently we pay about A$1.05 per liter. Given that there are about 4 liters in a gallon, and the current exchange rate is about US$0.75=A$1, that translates to about US$3.15 per gallon.

7:57 PM, November 23, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home

The WeatherPixie

Powered by Blogger