free hit counter Knit-Whit: My Tuesday

Tuesday, November 15, 2005

My Tuesday

I finished Hermione mitten #1, it's a bit long for my taste but since it's a seasonal item and I'm just too darn lazy it's going to stay that way. I really like how Beth altered the pattern so the thumb gusset started right after the cuff. I wish I had seen that before I started. Oh well. I can definitely say it's not the best thing I've ever knit plus it hurts my hands like when I'm knitting cotton. Must. continue.










This afternoon I plan to work a little on this book, this sock (or Hermione mitten #2) and munch on the limited edition Ghirardelli peppermint bark and drink Diet Coke. How much better could today be? It's rainy & yuck outside, apparently a snow storm is headed this way.













Does anyone out there need a 50g skein of Jaeger Trinity? It's 40% silk, 35% cotton & 25% polymide fibre. Shade 438 Lot 2711. I bought it to make the blueberry hat and it just wasn't turning out the way I wanted. For sale or trade, make me an offer.

4 Comments:

Anonymous allison said...

Ooooh... Diet Coke, chocolate, knitting and a good book... sounds like a dream afternoon to me! Stay warm! (it's 70 degrees here in SC - where is winter?) And cute mitten!

8:24 AM, November 16, 2005  
Blogger Stricken madchen said...

I really like the mitten. Are you going to make the matching hat? Cozy winter days with knitting (and all those other great treats you have) are my favorite. ;-)
Michelle

8:36 AM, November 16, 2005  
Blogger Fiber Fetish said...

I want a cold yucky day or two! It's supposed to be 89 degrees here today. WTF? My poor tortoises are trying to go into hybernation but can't manage because it's been too warm, they look so confused.

The mitten turned out great. :)

11:28 AM, November 16, 2005  
Blogger Mary said...

Great mitten . . . and I'm reading the same book right now!

10:53 PM, November 16, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home

The WeatherPixie

Powered by Blogger