free hit counter Knit-Whit: How Long Have You Been Knitting?

Sunday, November 20, 2005

How Long Have You Been Knitting?

Recently Novaks8 asked me how long I've been knitting. I'm very sorry it's taken me so long to respond. I was taught almost 3 years ago (Dec 2002) by my mom who at the time said "Wow, you're knitting awfully tight but you'll loosen up". I guess I did because now my gauge is always spot on. She has a great dishcloth pattern which I used, knit a few and then quickly moved on to a fuzzy fun fur scarf which has long since gone to charity. I did a lot of digging on the internet and purchased a few basic knitting books that next spring (2003). Then I took a sock knitting class in September 2003 and have been hooked on those ever since. I also love knitting felted items but have yet to knit a garment, any suggestions for a 1st? I'm very lucky to have a few great friends who knit since knitting with friends is much better than knitting alone and they're smart too, I ask them for help all the time.
How long have you been knitting?










As you all know, my kitchen cotton stash has grown lately.

1 Comments:

Blogger stricken madchen said...

I love hearing how others learned how to knit. My start was back in 1st grade, deep in the basement of my school in Germany with a very scary old teacher. I cried, I wanted to drop out of school. I somehow still managed to knit alot for my Barbies and dolls. Then in 8th grade enter another school knitting class, but add to that a wonderful Austrian (where I lived then) lady who was an amazing knitter. She passed on her love of knitting and her love of kids to me. I spend many hours in her kitchen playing with her kids and knitting away and hanging above us at all times were socks drying. (how I wish I had a picture of that!). Every year I seem to learn new techniques, find new yarn, and the love affair grows stronger.

8:20 AM, November 22, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home

The WeatherPixie

Powered by Blogger