free hit counter Knit-Whit: New Knits

Saturday, September 17, 2005

New Knits

Remember The Club? Ya know the giant red anti-theft device you clamp onto a steering wheel to deter thieves? Well, I used to think my car was the shiz-nitz and I'd clamp that thing onto the wheel every time I left the car. Never mind the fact that the key is about as thin as a paper clip so in no time flat would a thief (or 10 year old) be able to bust the lock right open. And who in their right mind would steal a Cavalier? This morning I saw a Club in use on a 1990 Acura. No disrespect to Acura owners but PEOPLE, car thieves are not after 25 year old Acuras. Let the Club go! In my defense I think I stopped using the Club when my car was a couple years old.
No one is going to steal this beauty away from me, it's the retro-rib pattern from Winter 04 IK. I love this pattern. And I'm using the kool-aid dyed yarn I made back in July! Is there a Club available for yarn? Now that's something I might consider ;-)

I'm also knitting what I'm calling the Scrabble bag, for obvious reasons. The yarn is from a swap with my sockapal-2-za pal, sneaky Tracy.

I did a little shopping this afternoon...maybe I'll share later...

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice knitting! As for The Club, when I lived on the South Side of Chicago, a lot of really crappy cars were stolen because they were inconspicuous in for shooting and other violent drive-by crimes. My roommate's car was a huge boat from the 70s and was stolen three times just in the one year I lived with her. The police would use wax pencils to mark the car because it had been used in a crime, and she never bothered wiping it off because it would just get stolen again.

7:14 PM, September 17, 2005  
Blogger Carrie said...

That's too funny, driving around in a marked car.

I guess the Acura owner really had something to worry about.

7:28 PM, September 17, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home

The WeatherPixie

Powered by Blogger