free hit counter Knit-Whit: Halloween...The Day After

Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Halloween...The Day After

I failed at Socktoberfest just like I did last year. Oh well, the socks are for me so there isn't a deadine.
Socktoberfest
Casey wore the same costume he used last year. Since he wears the costume for about 1/2 hour it doesn't pay to get him a new one each year.
Halloween 2006
And my 2 pumpkins. I roasted my seeds already, 1/2 the batch with this recipe and 1/2 with salt and olive oil. I found some really cool candles at Jo-Ann Etc.; battery operated, prongs on the back so you can stick it anywhere in the pumpkin and they flicker like candles too. They're sort of like these. They keep me from having to check the pumpkins every 10 minutes for a blown out candle, it always seems to be windy Halloween night.
2006 Pumpkins
A new yarn shop opened here in the Northern suburbs, it could be on my way home from work and it's the closest shop to my house so I'm sure I'll become a regular. I haven't been there yet, maybe this weekend. Have any of you been to visit?

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your beast looks so great in the costume... why is that dogs look so darn cute, but refuse to wear them... how sad for us humans.

10:10 PM, November 01, 2006  
Blogger Beth said...

I don't replace dog costumes each year either. This was Pearl's year for a new one and I'm thinking about a skeleton costume for Elvis for next year.

10:13 PM, November 01, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey, that yarn store is on my way home too! oh!!!! yarn store!!!

10:21 PM, November 01, 2006  
Blogger Partly Cloudy Knitter said...

I was at the NEW yarn store!
I think her name was Kelly and she carries yarn from Blackberry Ridge Woolen Mill. And there were other yarns too, I was just excited to see one of my favorites! Very cute store, tucked in the corner of a strip mall across from the Walgreens.

7:23 AM, November 02, 2006  
Blogger KnitPastis said...

Can't wait to see the pattern of this sock you're knitting. I love the socks you knit up!

4:15 PM, November 03, 2006  
Blogger Lisa said...

My dogs would never allow anything to be on their heads. I bought a costume this year from Target that didn't even fit my guys and it was an x-large. :-(

8:46 AM, November 05, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home

The WeatherPixie

Powered by Blogger