free hit counter Knit-Whit: Apple Pie

Monday, October 09, 2006

Apple Pie

I was in charge of bringing desserts to our weekend away so I naturally thought of an apple pie since it's apple season and I just learned how to make them. I included 5 types of apples, the crust mixed up perfectly and the girls said it was the best apple pie they had ever tasted! Sweet.
ETA: Wow, I didn't think anyone would be interested in the types of apples I used but it seems to be the most popular question. I used McIntosh, Red Cortland, Haralson, Paula Red and 1606 (an apple the U of M hasn't named yet). All apples were purchased at local orchards.

7 Comments:

Blogger Carole Knits said...

I made an apple pie yesterday, too! What kind of apples did you use? I used macs and granny smith because that's what I had at home but I generally prefer Cortlands.

9:51 AM, October 09, 2006  
Blogger Kelly said...

The pie is beautiful. I can't wait until I am all unpacked, so I can start my seasonal cooking.

11:42 AM, October 09, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is a beautiful pie. What varieties of apples did you use? Inquiring minds want to know.

12:20 PM, October 09, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's not fair, really! First that amazing pizza a couple entries back, and now this heavenly-looking apple pie! You're out to kill me, I know it! ;)
This must be the best looking pie I've seen for ages - gosh, what would I give for just a little slice of it now! ;)

12:20 PM, October 09, 2006  
Blogger Guinifer said...

That is one beautiful pie!

We had cranberry pie this weekend on our girls' weekend at the Cranberry Fest in Stone Lake Wisconsin - LOL - pies on a theme!

3:00 PM, October 09, 2006  
Blogger sweetfigs said...

yum! it's too bad i can't swap you something for a slice of that pie.

9:43 PM, October 09, 2006  
Blogger KnitPastis said...

Haaa, I wanna swap ya for a slice of that pie too. Girl, you bake a mean looking pie. Have you ever had apple pie with chedder cheese baked on top?

8:55 PM, October 10, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home

The WeatherPixie

Powered by Blogger