free hit counter Knit-Whit: What's For Dinner Wednesday

Wednesday, October 11, 2006

What's For Dinner Wednesday

Once again Wednesday dinner is going to be served to us from someone other than one another so I am leaving you with a stand in, Tuesday nights meal. You see, I don't work on Tuesday so it's much easier for me to plan and cook a meal on that evening rather than on Wednesday night. Splatgirl, can I still play along even though I'm cheating? I would be happy to leave you with a photo of what I'll order tonight but I almost guarantee it's not quite as interesting as what I can make in my kitchen.

Anyhow, last night we had cheese ravioli with butternut squash pasta sauce. It was good but next time I'll make a few changes. I used a carnival squash so the flavor may not have been what was intended, although now that I look it up it's described as a similar variety to butternut. I tasted different flavors in each bite I took. Sometimes sweet and sometimes savory. As recommended in the recipe, the pasta was topped with shredded Parmesan and toasted walnuts. We froze the remainder of the sauce for a quick weeknight meal and I took some for lunch today too. I'll make this recipe again. Where did I get it? The latest issue (October 2006) of Everyday Food.

I think the meal was even worth nearly losing the tip of my index finger from the vegetable peeler! Don't worry, it looks worse than it feels.

6 Comments:

Blogger splatgirl said...

Ohhhhhh yum! That looks really delicious! Excellent work!

7:17 PM, October 11, 2006  
Blogger sweetfigs said...

OMG! Your dinner looks so tasty but after looking at your injured finger all I can think of is Wendy's Chili!

8:10 PM, October 11, 2006  
Blogger Kelly said...

I am going to try making homemade pasta this weekend. Should be interesting.

9:59 AM, October 12, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The pasta looks delicious! I don't know much about squash but I think the acorn has the best flavor, try that next time. How is the finger?

10:16 AM, October 12, 2006  
Blogger stricken madchen said...

That looks so yummy. I hope your finger heels quickly!

10:42 AM, October 14, 2006  
Blogger KnitPastis said...

That looks so yummmy! I love that you are posting these photos of what you cook especially since I have been on a cooking baking kick lately! By the way, we made your cold pasta! It was a hit.

8:45 PM, October 14, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home

The WeatherPixie

Powered by Blogger