free hit counter Knit-Whit: Pie Baking Extravaganza

Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Pie Baking Extravaganza

Pie Baking
Today I took a trip over to Splatgirl's house for a pie baking lesson. We started out by shopping for apples at the Arboretum Applehouse. I picked up Paula Reds, 1606 (the apples aren't named for a couple of years) and some Zestar!™ apples for eating. Splatgirl taught me how to make a perfect pie crust and then we got started peeling and cutting the apples. Lunch was definitely in the cards so she whipped up a scrummy bacon, brie & apple panini...delicious! While she sliced her apples, I took advantage of the abundance of natural light in her house and took photos of a finished knit. While the pies baked we played around with our hand spindles and I tormented the kitties a little bit too. About an hour ago I finially sliced a piece of pie for myself...it tasted as good as it looks. Thanks for the pie lesson Splatgirl!!!

7 Comments:

Blogger splatgirl said...

Boy got a kick out of the K's on your pie. Good thing K's name doesn't start with an S or something.

11:24 PM, September 12, 2006  
Blogger Deb said...

Yummy! I saw Splatgirl's post and commented that you guys were so close to me that I felt bad for not being included in the aplle buying and pie lesson!! Maybe next time!

6:58 AM, September 13, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very nice pie. I like the photo montage, too. Is that the right word?

7:53 AM, September 13, 2006  
Blogger NorCalMrs said...

YUM!!!! :)

10:32 AM, September 13, 2006  
Blogger Guinifer said...

The photos are wonderful - made me feel all autumnul and everything.

10:46 AM, September 13, 2006  
Blogger JustApril said...

and NOW.... I'm hungry! =)

8:05 PM, September 13, 2006  
Blogger This Weary Traveler said...

Wow! I just heard about the Zestar apples and I will have to try them. I'm impressed.

8:07 PM, September 13, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home

The WeatherPixie

Powered by Blogger