free hit counter Knit-Whit: Velodrome

Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Velodrome

Every Thursday night in Blaine, MN there are bike races at the Velodrome. We went last week and had a nice time sitting outside in the perfect weather. It's an interesting venue, one of only a handfull in the US and only 70 worldwide.










I'm back in town after a weekend of motorcycle races...needless to say, I'm pooped out and have knit only a few stiches. Hopefully I'll get back in the groove by the end of the week so you have something interesting to read.

3 Comments:

Blogger Jane said...

They built a velodrome here when Atlanta hosted the Olympics. I have no idea if it is still in use or not, but it is in one of the local parks. I'll have to check it out the next time we visit. It would be fun to see bicycle races.

6:08 PM, June 20, 2006  
Blogger KnitPastis said...

I haven't knitted in the last few days myself. I have been dyeing yarn instead and finished a vest. I think it's that we all get so darn busy in the summer.

9:54 PM, June 20, 2006  
Blogger Kelly said...

I really need to check out the velodrome. I have a few friends who race on it and have never gone to see them.

8:59 AM, June 21, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home

The WeatherPixie

Powered by Blogger