free hit counter Knit-Whit: Big Big Blue Project

Sunday, June 11, 2006

Big Big Blue Project

Welcome to my craft room!!
I'm finally willing to come clean about the big project I've been working on. I painted and reorganized my craft room starting Memorial Day weekend, it's still not entirely complete but very close. I bought a new desk & chair at IKEA to use as a sewing table. Most of my yarn is on the far side of the desk and I can pull out my cutting table when I need it.













The frame around this window still needs new paint and the cord for the lamp needs to be tucked away. I haven't decided on window treatments so I'm not even worried about when they'll be finished, maybe I don't even need any.?.?













Adding the shelves to the north wall helps with storage, I used to have stuff all over the floor along the perimeter...even more than I do now. I needed storage up high. I really really really like the room, I feel like I'm wrapped up in a Tiffany & Co box when I'm in there.













Just this morning I added the magnetic strip underneath the bottom shelf.










Behind the door.













Thanks for coming over!!!

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It looks like a calming and peaceful place. I would love to have a craft room.

6:29 PM, June 11, 2006  
Blogger Jane said...

Looks great! I especially like the idea of the stuff behind the door.

6:57 PM, June 11, 2006  
Blogger KnitPastis said...

I spy the chair you reupholstered.. hehee
I love this color of blue that you painted your craft room in! I would say this qualifies as a big Project Spectrum Blue June.

8:45 PM, June 11, 2006  
Blogger NorCalMrs said...

Love it!!! Woo hoo....I knew what you were up to! It turned out great.

10:52 PM, June 11, 2006  
Blogger renee said...

Looks really nice. I'd love to have a craft room like that. Maybe some day....

10:07 AM, June 12, 2006  
Blogger Theresa said...

I'm too jealous. That color is fabulous.

11:19 AM, June 12, 2006  
Blogger Amy said...

What a lovely room. The colors are really fun.

7:26 AM, June 13, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

sczeupgdYour craft room looks wonderful!! I had a craft room (before my sister became my roommate and took it over) and I wish I could say it was even 1/2 as organized. I bet you will be abe to get a lot of crafting done in there.

9:15 AM, June 13, 2006  
Blogger Eleni said...

Color me green! I want that room too. Great job!

5:49 PM, June 14, 2006  
Blogger Zonda said...

Oh Carrie, that place is great! What a bright, cheery place to be creative in! PS I see a familiar foot quilt on your hanging rack ;)

8:39 PM, June 14, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home

The WeatherPixie

Powered by Blogger