free hit counter Knit-Whit: Kewl Kiwi

Thursday, June 01, 2006

Kewl Kiwi

Ever since I saw the donut pincushions at Sewdorky (and now they have giant teeth-oh my) I've been meaning to make one or two. Santa brought me one for Christmas so I didn't need to stitch one but when Julie of BoogaJ started the pincushion challenge, I couldn't resist. The first theme was fruit. I immediately thought I'd like to make a kiwi and then I thought maybe a watermelon slice. I waited until the very last minute to stitch so I only had time for the kiwi. Considering this is my first felt pincushion (I've made a cross stitch / linen one) I'm fairly happy with it.













Julie is posting gallery photos today, go on and take a look. I wonder what June's theme will be???

13 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is so cute! Looks just like the real thing. :)

1:32 AM, June 01, 2006  
Blogger Amy said...

You did such a great job. I was fooled for a moment!

6:48 AM, June 01, 2006  
Blogger Anny said...

I love it ;0) And was also fooled for a moment!

8:11 AM, June 01, 2006  
Blogger Chris said...

I was wondering why I hadn't seen a kiwi pincushion yet - very cool!

I saw your comment re: pink chibi over at Sheep in the City. I was at a local store here in Minneapolis (Needlework Unlimited) last week, and they had one of the pink chibis for sale, regular old chibi price - you might call and see if it's still available. Good luck!

9:11 AM, June 01, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's so pretty! Very original. xx

9:36 AM, June 01, 2006  
Blogger Kelly said...

This is so cute. I just may have to try to make one.

9:42 AM, June 01, 2006  
Blogger amy said...

wow, great detail on that. so cute!

10:50 AM, June 01, 2006  
Blogger Zonda said...

Very cute! Great job!

9:54 PM, June 01, 2006  
Blogger This Weary Traveler said...

This is great! The beads make it perfect!

6:53 AM, June 02, 2006  
Blogger KnitPastis said...

Pin cushions I am finding out are so addictive!! Your looks so cute!

11:00 AM, June 02, 2006  
Blogger NorCalMrs said...

Sewdorky now has a dental school.....I would think you would need to have one of those pincushions too!! ha!

The kiwi is adorable!!

6:40 PM, June 03, 2006  
Blogger Jessica said...

That is so stinking cute. I love it!

8:47 PM, June 04, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love it! That is the best kiwi ever!

8:55 AM, June 08, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home

The WeatherPixie

Powered by Blogger