free hit counter Knit-Whit: Sip Stitch & Pitch

Saturday, May 20, 2006

Sip Stitch & Pitch

Last night a few knitter friends and I took in a ball game at Midway Stadium. The St. Paul Saints hosted a sip, stitch & pitch night thanks to Borealis Yarns and Ginkgo Coffee, both of St. Paul. Before the game Borealis planned a yarn swap in the tailgating area. I met up with Susan of ZenKnit and had a nice chat, hi Susan! I'm a bit shy so I apologize if I didn't approach anyone else, although I didn't recognize anyone else. Did I miss anyone???? My friends and I were very pleased with the outcome of the yarn swap, thank you Borealis!

Here I am with blogless April with our knitting bags by the pig, it's wrapped in yarn!! Splatgirl is a bit camera shy but you can see here shadow in the foreground. Since we were one of the first 500 knitters to enter the game, we received a free ball of Plymouth Encore yarn in a perfect shade of Saints blue.
ETA: Here we are knitting before the game started! Thanks for the photo Cori!













When I ordered tickets I placed us right in front of Rusty, the very funny & cute announcer for the Saints. Here's Rusty high 5-ing Mudonna the fluffy mascot. The Saints also have a real pig mascot who is new each season. This year it's Bud Squealig.













I was lucky enough to come home from the game with all this great stuff!!! I came away from the yarn swap with 4 balls of sock yarn, I got a little pig stitch marker during the game thanks to Splatgirls quick moves and the free ball of yarn is on the right side of the frame. The t-shirt came from the yarn swap/Borealis since the number I had for the swap had a big red SHIRT written on the back of it! Yay for the sip, stitch & pitch night!!!!!!

4 Comments:

Blogger Theresa said...

That's a great idea - and looks like a great time.

9:50 PM, May 20, 2006  
Blogger renee said...

Sorry I missed you last night - I did look for you, but either I didn't see you or I didn't recognize you. I came on the NU bus, so we were too late for the yarn swap, but it was a fun night anyway.

10:16 PM, May 20, 2006  
Blogger stricken madchen said...

How fun! And it looks like you got some great stuff. ;-) Are they going to do this more often?

9:44 AM, May 21, 2006  
Blogger NorCalMrs said...

That looks like so much fun! I wish I still lived there!!

1:33 PM, May 21, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home

The WeatherPixie

Powered by Blogger