free hit counter Knit-Whit: It's Not Easy Being Green

Tuesday, May 30, 2006

It's Not Easy Being Green

My big project spectrum job for the month was to paint my bathroom gReEn. And as you can see I didn't hold back. I originally chose orange which was quickly vetoed by Kyle and then I chose a lighter shade of green but in the interest of avoiding a pastel look I went with the color Kyle chose, Spring Green. I do like it but it's still a shock considering I've lived nearly 10 years with a white bathroom. I am enjoying accessorizing the room with bright colors such as my orange & green hand dyed yarn, and framed candy wrappers from Molly in Japan. I have a quilt in the works which will hang on the wall opposite the mirror.










And since I've been lax in the blogging department, I'll sneak in a few of my favorite green photos from my archives. R, do these look familiar?














I know this is already a bit long but I have to catch you up on a few things...Colleen won the drawing from my Sip, Stitch & Pitch contest. I haven't forgotten you Colleen!! The prize will be sent shortly!

Tonight I met up with Rebecca for some knitting at Borealis Yarns. The shop ended up being closed after their big sale weekend so we knit & chatted outside the coffee shop next door. It was a great evening to be outside and I am happy to have finally met Rebecca.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the green bathroom! Oh gosh, how lovely. I'm taking notes, as we're going to be remodeling our bathroom soon and I don't want to do dull colors.

I was thinking about heading over the Borealis to knit tonight too, but I remembered they were closed. I stayed home and cleaned up after the kids instead. I think you definitely had the better plan! That coffee shop is so nice, isn't it? I just love the people there.

12:26 AM, May 31, 2006  
Blogger Deb said...

I LOVE it!! Nothing like that to wake you up in the morning!

7:00 AM, May 31, 2006  
Blogger Kelly said...

Love the bathroom. I am a huge fan of brightly colored rooms. Just can't wait until I have my own house to paint.

8:41 AM, May 31, 2006  
Blogger Carole Knits said...

The green bathroom is fabulous! That'll wake you up in the morning, eh?

8:44 AM, May 31, 2006  
Blogger NorCalMrs said...

Ha, yes, they look familiar!! :) I love green too!! Your bathroom is really cool, I like it!

10:40 AM, May 31, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the idea to frame those candy wrappers, I bet it's so cute!

9:30 PM, May 31, 2006  
Blogger KnitPastis said...

Your bathroom looks so cool!!

10:58 AM, June 02, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home

The WeatherPixie

Powered by Blogger