free hit counter Knit-Whit: I'm a Beginner Spinner

Monday, May 22, 2006

I'm a Beginner Spinner

Were you just dying to know what I bought at the Shepherd's Festival??? Well, I've been wanting to try spinning with a drop spindle for a while now and I saw a kit for sale at one of the booths with this Ashford spindle, a book Spin It: Making Yarn From Scratch and ~3 ounces of roving. I also purchased the smaller balls of roving from the same vendor to use mainly for needle felting. Later in the day I got the 2 ounce ball of undyed roving so I can try to dye it myself and then I got 4 ounces of hand dyed Merino roving for when I get better at spinning...it's super soft & pretty.













So does anyone have any tips for me???










If you haven't seen Splatgirl's new turtleneck shrug get on over there...

2 Comments:

Blogger Colleen said...

One of my posts blathers on about spindle spinning, I think. I bought one at the festival, too. :)

I'm thinking about doing a "how-to" post with all the stuff I've learned but they never tell you. Perhaps in the next couple of days.

8:51 AM, May 23, 2006  
Blogger Kelly said...

Spinning, I did it once when I was a kid. But I have no advice to give.

9:26 AM, May 23, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home

The WeatherPixie

Powered by Blogger