free hit counter Knit-Whit: Adiós Calcetines

Thursday, May 25, 2006

Adiós Calcetines

I am thinking of ripping out these 2 pair of socks since they're just not doing it for me. The jaywalker on the left started out on a wrong note, I messed up the pattern right off the bat and I'm not sure I'm patient enough to knit the 2nd one the same way. Plus when I knit the gusset decreases I messed up, I can't even remember specifics. I LOVE the way the yarn looks with this pattern but it's killing my hands.

Then the socks that rock sock, I feel like it's too sproingy. Maybe I should be knitting it on smaller needles, I'm using a size 2 for both socks pictured. I LOVE the way the stripes are showing up but I'm afraid the socks are too thick. I was thinking of decreasing the number of stitches and going to size 1 needles, in person the sock seems huge but in the photo it looks OK. When I see both the socks in the photo...it makes me want to keep going but my heart says RIP. Thoughts?

5 Comments:

Blogger This Weary Traveler said...

They are so cute! If they are too thick you can always wear them as slippers when it gets cold again. You can always count on it getting cold again!

6:29 AM, May 26, 2006  
Blogger Courtney said...

I think they both look great, but if you're not loving them, then RIP away. When I'm trying to make these decisions, I try to imagine knitting a second sock and if that sounds horrible, I rip. I too am finding STR to be a bit sproingy. Good word.

8:29 AM, May 26, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Go for it! I agree that they look nice, but if you don't like them... that's the important thing. I ripped out an entire pair of socks in STR because the skeins were two different colors.

8:40 AM, May 26, 2006  
Blogger Kelly said...

They look great, but I agree with courtney - if you don't love them RIP them. The sroingy thing can make for one saggy sock.

10:01 AM, May 26, 2006  
Blogger renee said...

They look brilliant to me. However, I've never been disappointed when I listened to that little voice in my head and I've often been disappointed when I ignore it.

2:20 PM, May 26, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home

The WeatherPixie

Powered by Blogger