free hit counter Knit-Whit: Pincushion 2000-2005

Sunday, February 27, 2005

Pincushion 2000-2005

Back in the year 2000, Mary and I took a class at Zandy's Yarn Etc. to make this antique inspired pincushion. The piece is named 'Pincushion in Time' and was published in the magazine PieceWork, July/August 2000 issue as the winner of a pincushion contest. The designer is from Minnesota which makes it even more interesting for me.

Here is the bottom of the pincushion with the sampler that contains proof of when I began the pincushion, the year 2000 is stitched on the bottom row.

This inside flap is the part I needed to finish after all these years. I had the entire base put together and a little bit of the peacock stitched and then it sat for almost 5 years! At crafty CHIX Thursday night I stitched a bit on the peacock and then yesterday I finished it up and attached the top to the base. I can't believe it took me this long to pick it up and finish it, and it really only took me a few hours to get it done. The needlework is stitched on linen and the pieces are held together with silk ribbon, it was a fun project and I am pleased to finally have it completed!

Mary, I know you're laughing right about now but I want to see your pincushion on your blog soon!

1 Comments:

Blogger Dani In NC said...

Carrie, I do this all the time! For some reason, I will have an hour's worth of work left on a project and I will put it down for something that I think I MUST start immediately. I usually forget to mark where I left off so I am a wee bit frustrated when I finally pick the project up again.

5:29 PM, March 06, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home

The WeatherPixie

Powered by Blogger