free hit counter Knit-Whit: Red Hot

Monday, January 30, 2006

Red Hot

I joined another knit along, Red Hot Sizzling Socks. I really wanted to knit them with Lorna's Laces in the flames colorway but I also really need to curb my yarn buying so I dyed up a skein of sock yarn with Kool-Aid on Saturday afternoon. I used 6 packages of cherry and sprinkled on 1 package of orange near the end of the steaming process. I hope the color holds up, I really want a pair of RED socks.










Why do I join knit alongs? I think the answer is simple, I like to put the buttons on my sidebar. I also like to have a bit of a structured knitting goal. I work better under pressure otherwise I just sit here and surf the web all day, although a little less now that I found Bloglines! Why do you join knit alongs? Or why don't you?

2 Comments:

Blogger Theresa said...

For the communal aspect, I think. A number of my friends knit, but none are quite as obsessed as me and the other knitting bloggers. It makes the knitting less solitary, and I like that.

9:53 AM, January 30, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like the feel of community, and support as well as the deadline pressure. Many KAL blogs have RSS feeds too, and SP7, etc. ...

5:34 PM, January 30, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home

The WeatherPixie

Powered by Blogger