free hit counter Knit-Whit: I'm Jaywalking!

Sunday, January 29, 2006

I'm Jaywalking!

After all that mess yesterday, I finally cast on a pair of Jaywalkers. I started with the larger size and cast on 84 stitches. A bit into the ribbing I figured out they would be too large and ripped. This time I cast on 76 stitches and it's looking OK, I'm using size 2 dpn's. As you may have noticed, I don't knit gauge swatches for socks. They are forgiving enough that I can usually tell just by looking if they'll fit. I have knit a gauge swatch once for socks...the socks I knit for Sockapal2za. I would hate to send someone a pair of socks and have them not fit. That being said, this particular pair of socks will be a gift for someone but she has the same size feet as mine so I'm going with my gut here...













I'm not too crazy about how the colors are pooling but I guess that's the nature of the beast.
Yarn: Socks That Rock - Mesa

**Update**OK OK, I guess I should start using gauge swatches because after further inspection and a try-on, I decided again that the sock was too big. I've ripped and restarted casting on 68 stitches. Let the heckling begin....

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck with the JWs. What size needle did you use?

8:29 PM, January 29, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home

The WeatherPixie

Powered by Blogger