free hit counter Knit-Whit: Sewing

Thursday, January 19, 2006

Sewing

I was introduced to pin quilts by my SIL Paula on our 2003 Hawaii trip. She's made them for her girls since pins are a great way to remember trips and special places. Pins take up very little room, something that I've been trying to gain. Kyle receives pins for most holidays from our nieces and wanted a way to display them. I finally got around to making him a pin quilt, now he has to gather them up and pin them on!













Close ups of the blocks, and yes they aren't centered. I made it that way. Seriously.

2 Comments:

Blogger Cece said...

That is a neat idea! My husband collects pins... I should get on that.

9:28 AM, January 19, 2006  
Blogger Paula said...

Hey what a great idea!
Now I could get all those Pins out of my junk drawers, off the bulletin boards and all the other lost world places! :)
Thanks for showing that!

7:34 AM, January 22, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home

The WeatherPixie

Powered by Blogger