free hit counter Knit-Whit: Sunflower Snackeroos

Friday, December 16, 2005

Sunflower Snackeroos

The other night while knitting/surfing/watching TV (yes, all at once) I noticed fellow blogger & motorcycle rider (!) Cece of FiberFish was having a contest, a Christmas cookie contest. Who in the world doesn't love a contest?? Here's my entry --more of a candy than a cookie I suppose-- Sunflower Snackeroos. The easiest and best thing on earth to make.










1-12 oz bag semi-sweet chocolate morsels

1-11 oz bag butterscotch morsels

1 1/2 C sunflower nuts (I use salted)

3 C Chow-Mein noodles

Place the chocolate and butterscotch morsels in a glass bowl and microwave for ~3 1/2 minutes. Stir until completely mixed and melted and add nuts and noodles. Mix until everything is covered and drop on waxed paper in desired cluster size. Let cool (I sometimes place mine in the fridge, it's faster) and enjoy! Oh, don't forget to lick the bowl.

I store these in the freezer since they thaw fairly quickly.

I apologize for the poor photo, who knew at 3 pm it would be too dark to take a non-flash photo?

2 Comments:

Blogger Cece said...

Ohhhh - those look tasty! It's getting harder and harder to pick a winner!

What sort of motorcycle do you ride? I'm off to see if you have a picture in your archives...

5:22 PM, December 16, 2005  
Blogger Mary said...

Yum!

8:31 AM, December 17, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home

The WeatherPixie

Powered by Blogger