free hit counter Knit-Whit: Favorite Ornaments

Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Favorite Ornaments

This is the little tree we've been decorating the past few years. It's just enough for us and it takes up little room. The only trouble is it doesn't hold many ornaments so each year I have to pick my favorites. I really like the little angel I have on top. I think it's my mom's since it has an S written on the skirt with glue & glitter. How it made it's way into my ornament box I'll never know. The quilt underneath the tree was given to me by my sister-in-law about 3 years ago. I keep it out all year but around Christmas it becomes a tree skirt of sorts.













This wooded santa is one of my favorite ornaments. In fact I have a bunch from this artist and some are unusual like trout and bears. Just like my favorite decoration I like them for the detail and the quirkiness.













This next one I like because my brother made it along with a few others like a moose and a fish. I don't get to see him over the holidays so having one of his ornaments on my tree reminds me of him.













Just like my mom said in her comment, I like these glass birds because my great-grandmother had one (maybe more?) that my mom now has on her tree. I've gotten one the last couple of years but missed out this year. I settled for a clip on Kermit the frog this time...I LOVE clip on ornaments.










So there you have it, my favorite ornaments of 2005. What's yours?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

The WeatherPixie

Powered by Blogger